Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A MODERN WINTER WEDDING: RED, BLACK & WHITE





I really love the simplistic, modern design and bold red color of this invite. My inspiration board includes a modern black and white cake from Hansen's Cakes, www.hansencakes.com/ (a Norah Award Winner, http://www.norahawards.com/), an Oscar de la Renta gown from the runway, and beautiful red shoes in which the feathers mimic the softness of a fluffy pussy willow. Instead of displaying real flowers on the table, I really like the idea of a modern take on a pussy willow floral arrangement which is are battery operated illuminated willow branches. I found these for purchase: www.ironaccents.com/222-pwb60.html. Everyone loves the soft touch of a pussy willow, so for place cards I would design around this invite and place a single 3 inch willow branch at each place setting. A sample, coordinating website can be seen here: www.invitationchef.com/websites.html

No comments:

Post a Comment